Here are the headlines from Gartner’s Market Share Analysis: Robotic Process Automation, Worldwide, 2018 (published June 2019.)
- The RPA software market grew 63.1% in 2018 to USD 846m
- It’s the fastest growing enterprise software sector
- RPA is growing along industry and functional lines
- Legacy systems integration is a key driver for RPA adoption
- Digital transformation initiatives are driving process automation and integration
- RPA markets are attracting many new entrants
- Other automation technologies like AI are closely linked to the RPA market
- Top software vendors include UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, NICE and Pegasystems
- Subscription and Cloud offerings are the latest to attract interest
The big numbers have grabbed attention and headlines in tech and commercial publications across the globe – “red-hot”, “frenzied” and “incredibly exciting.”
Here at Lanshore and among our early adopter RPA customers, none of this is a surprise. We’ve known for a long time that RPA would be a gamechanger across many sectors and we’ve been preparing for the onslaught of demand.
Over the past year we’ve been ramping up our RPA knowledge and practise and focusing on transformation programmes that include RPA. Our clients are seeing the value of adopting RPA within a managed services environment, leaving us to do the heavy lifting when it comes to identifying RPA opportunities and putting the technology in place rapidly and accessibly, with full ongoing support.
Our Robotics Operations Center in Costa Rica is our center of excellence for RPA innovation and best practise. As a result of this investment, our highly skilled, specialist team has deep expertise in this relatively new technology. We’ve developed sector competencies for high demand functional RPA areas, including HR and Compensation and Energy company processing.
We’re glad to be ahead of the game and helping our clients to gain ROI and competitive advantage from real-world applications of RPA right now, doing everything that Gartner predicted. Uncanny, huh?
By Doug Erb, CEO
- Posted by Lanshore
- On June 26, 2019