Incentive Compensation SQL Developer
The Incentive Compensation SQL Developer is responsible for configuration and development in the IBM Incentive Compensation Management tool, including calculation streams, data, reporting, and ETL, supporting our client’s incentive compensation plans.
Will work with experienced SQL Developers to develop queries, create indexes, and stored procedures as it relates to Reporting Team needs. Requires knowledge of SSRS. Assist in training users on reporting tools and analysis of data.
- Build and modify incentive plans and incentive plan components both in the IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) product and SQL Server.
- Oversees the formulation and definition of projects/systems scope and objectives and development of detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with our client’s system architecture standards.
- Ensures change controls, compliance, risk management, business continuity activities for Incentive systems.
- Directs the evaluation existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Reviews the analysis, development and revisions to existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Primary liaison to business partners (internal and/or external) through coding and implementation to ensure incentive plans are implemented correctly in the ICM.
- Counsels business partners by providing coordination and analytical assistance such as interpretation of requirements; developing detailed requirements; and system definition.
- Works with internal and external customers, including cross functional teams, to gather specifications for data and report requirements.
- Creates and executes a data integrity/consistency plan for monitoring data across multiple platforms on a regular basis.
- Develops SQL queries to extract, manipulate and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements.
Requirements Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years Information Services database and/or direct report writing with SQL Server.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with SQL queries.
- Ability to handle and manipulate large volumes of data.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to give presentations to clients.
- Availability to travel 20%
- English: Advanced 80% – 90%
Desirable experience in some or all of the following:
- Experience with the IBM ICM product.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with Bitbucket.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Crystal Reports, Tableau, Power BI and Excel
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or similar.